Do you love creating videos? Do you want to learn what it takes to make a career as a videographer?
Learn all the basics of videography and become a professional.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Learn what features you’ll need in the equipment you buy or that you will encounter when working for a production company or news station.
- Learn all the basics of what to shoot & how to shoot to effectively tell a story.
- Become an artist by learning the effective use of lighting.
- Learn how to record clean, professional audio.
- Discover the tips & tricks of the trade that will make your professional life easier & help you overcome obstacles.
- Learn how to act like a professional and keep getting gigs.
- Please note that we will be discussing equipment and techniques for typical “Run & Gun”/ENG (Electronic News Gathering) type of productions. This is the most common type of production you will encounter in news, events, and AV type environments where the ability to move fast is key. For this reason we will be discussing all-in-one type camcorders with servo zoom lenses and not DSLR cameras with fixed focal length lenses. We will also note be getting into stabilizers, gimbals, sliders, etc.
Become a pro videographer
While technology changes, the basics of visual storytelling stay the same. Those basics include effective camera operation, creative lighting & clean audio recording. You’ll learn all of that with this course. Believe it or not, many people already earning a living as videographers don’t have these basics mastered so you can gain an advantage by learning from this course. After you have the knowledge and practice your craft, you can work as a freelance camera operator, work at a news station or a production company. You can even start your own production company!.
WHY CHOOSE EDPLX?
- Internationally recognised accredited qualification
- Access to our free career advisors
- Approved UK Learning Centre
- 1 year accessibility to the course
- Attain PDF or hardcopy certificate to show employers
- Study at your own pace anywhere
- Employer has access to certificate validation
- Tutor Support available Monday-Friday
- Invitation to job fairs
This Course will cover some of the following topics:-
Equipment selection – codecs & cameras
- Equipment Chapter
- Equipment, Chapter 2-Equipment: Camera, Tripod, Audio, Lighting
- Shooting Video, Chapter 1: Setting up camera, white balance, zebra, more
- Shooting Video, Chapter 2: Shooting Interviews & B-Roll
- Lighting, Chapter 1: Color temperature, outdoor vs indoor lighting
- Lighting, Chapter 2: Lighting for Interviews, Lighting for Green screen
- Audio Chapter-1: NAT sound, microphones, wireless audio
- Audio, Chapter 2: Audio Settings, Correct Levels, Wireless Settings
- Tips, Part 1: Three Things, What’s In the Bag?, Field Expedient Dollies
- Tips, Chapter 2: Working with Talent, Wrapping, Moving Gear
Best practices: how to act like a pro and make a career
- Best Practices: Being Professional
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
This course is for beginners, through to enthusiasts and professionals, on completing this course you’ll have the knowledge and confidence to start your videography journey.
This training course will lead you to many different career opportunities, Here are few prospects:
- Videographer – £33,134
- Filmmaker- £52,120
- Video Editor- £29,432
- Video Content Creator – £27,000
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2h 40m
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 348
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Equipment Selection - Codecs & Cameras
Part 2-Shooting Video
Part 6-Best Practices: How to Act Like a Pro and Make A Career