Street Photography Training
Luc Kordas – a street photographer based in New York, author of the series New York Chronicles, takes you to Manhattan and Coney Island to show you how he works on location. Back in the studio he talks about his beginnings, how he shoots, creating a photo series, approaching people, shooting posed portraits and who he likes to shoot most. At the end of this class you’ll have an insider’s look into his editing process as well.
Course will consist of
- The Beginnings (past-work+how-i-shoot+before-you-go): In this episode I talk about how I started taking street photos before I even knew this was called street photography, how I go about my day while shooting and what things you could do to prepare for the streets.
- Manhattan (the-flow+street corner): Let’s get out in the busy streets of Manhattan! The camera follows me as I power through crowds in midtown settling on one of the busiest street corners in town. You’ll see how it feels like to be in a place like Manhattan, you’ll learn various tricks and habits I have developed while working in the streets.
- Project (your homework!): This is your project guys! Pick a street corner in your city and give it at least 30min. Photograph anything that comes your way. See what happens.
- Coney Island (approaching people-posed portraits): It’s time to visit the legendary Coney Island in Brooklyn. In this episode I’ll talk about approaching people, people approaching you and how to shoot posed portraits. Summer in Coney Island is one of the best places to be for a New York street photographer.
- Editing and Retouching: In this episode we’ll discuss how I edit and retouch my work.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1h 2m
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 239
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes