Ready 4 Action! Become an Actor in Film & Television
“Lights. Camera. Action!”
Are you ready to get your start as an actor in film and television? You will be by the end of this course!
Sit down with actress, Laura Lieben, to create your own step-by-step acting business plan designed to get you ready for “Action!”
The 4 Pillars:
- Position Yourself for Success – Discover what sets the pros apart from the wannabes so you can position yourself as a pro right from the start!
- Refine Your Unique Product – Discover what makes you awesome and how you can harness your uniqueness to market to the industry!
- Create Your Acting Toolbox – Get set up with all the tools you’ll need to get started, from your headshot and resume to your professional website!
- Market Your Acting Business – Learn where to find casting calls, how to submit for auditions and get yourself out there with confidence!
NOTE: This course will not teach you how to act…but if you have some acting skills to work with, this course will set you up with all the knowledge and tools you need to get into the business of acting professionally.
Why choose Edplx?
- Internationally recognised accredited qualification
- Access to our free career advisors
- Approved UK Learning Centre
- 1 year accessibility to the course
- Attain PDF or hardcopy certificate to show employers
- Study at your own pace anywhere
- Employer has access to certificate validation
- Tutor Support available Monday-Friday
- Invitation to job fairs
This Course will cover some of the following topics:-
- Downloadable Resources
Pillar #1 – Position Yourself For Success
- A Confession
- Show Biz
- How Movies are Cast
- A Scenario
- Honing Your Craft
- The Makings of a Star
- 3 Tips to Shine Like a Star
Pillar #2 – Refine Your Unique Product
- Marketing Models
- Your UCP
- UCP In Action
- Your Stage Name
Pillar #3 – Create Your Acting Toolbox
- Create Your Acting Toolbox
- Acting Resume
- Acting Headshots
- Preparing for the Photo Shoot
- Choosing a Headshot
- Your Website
Pillar #4 – Market Your Acting Business
- Marketing Your Acting Business
- A Word on Agents
- Search for Talent Agencies
- Researching Agencies
- Requesting a Meeting with an Agent
- Finding Auditions (without an agent)
- Requesting an Audition
Who is this Course for
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to start working as an actor in film and television.
This course is open to all with no formal entry requirements.
- Lectures 29
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2h 26m
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 321
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
PILLAR #1 - Position Yourself for Success
PILLAR #2 - Refine Your Unique Product
PILLAR #3 - Create Your Acting Toolbox
PILLAR #4 - Market Your Acting Business